Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Reflective Post

I have learned much throughout this course. It has been a quick six weeks and lots of work needed to be crammed in but in the end I was sure to pull through. The textbook itself was pretty self explanatory and we covered mainly the most important points. I found the textbook extremely helpful since we did need it for almost every assignment. Mainly because of the simple fact I enjoy details and reading back to see if that's how the textbook shows. Referring to the syllabus it seems as if we covered it all. For the outcomes I believe we have the COM (Communication), CT (Critical Thinking), TIM ( Technology/Information Management), and GSR (Global Socio-cultural Responsibilities). We didn't touch base so much with QR ( Scientific and Quantitative Reasoning) because we didn't really do math in this class or even apply any because it wasn't necessary.

The grading scale we had was pretty lenient. Although, I did not feel it was right that you can keep all of your work at an "A" level and one assignment can almost fail you in the course. Also the layout of the information was difficult to track. Basically having to search throughout the entire canvas page to search for information that was scattered about. I understand it is a technology class but technology should make things simple for us. It was made to make life easier and neater for us, rather than complicated and scattered.

Now, one website I found during this course was the cpalm's standards as well as Education World. These two websites are amazing and I even did a website evaluation on one of them, the other being Cpalms which was shown to us during our lesson plan assignment. One of the videos that I  ran into during all of the assignments that have stayed with me would have to be this motivation video.


Novak, M. (n.d.). You are limitless. Retrieved June 20, 2016, from https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oXJ1FZKwI7c

No comments:

Post a Comment